The United Way of Fort Smith Area at Work in Sequoyah County
Points of service in Sequoyah County.
Dollars invested into Sequoyah County through United Way and its partners.
Youth and teens took part in recreational, educational and character building activities with the help of United Way dollars.
Services were rendered to individuals needing help with crisis, addiction shelter and basic needs.
Senior Citizens in Nursing Home facilities took part in therapies and activities provided by United Way partners.
Did you know?
- 30% of households with children in Arkansas struggle to afford enough food to lead healthy, active lives.
- 1 in 3 females and 1 in 4 males will experience rape, physical violence and/or stalking in their lifetime.
- Doing something productive outside the classroom, whether physical, mental or creative, is crucial to finding meaning in our lives and gaining self esteem.
- College graduates earn up to 55% more than high school graduates.
Partner Agencies Providing Services to Sequoyah County Residents
- Arc for the River Valley
- Boys and Girls Club of Sequoyah County
- Boys and Girls Club of Van Buren
- Boy Scouts
- Community Services Clearinghouse
- Crisis Intervention Center
- Fort Smith Boys and Girls Club
- Girls Inc.
- Girl Scouts
- Girls Shelter
- Harbor Gateway Recovery Centers
- Lincoln Childcare Center
- Literacy Council of Western Arkansas
- Project Compassion
- Salvation Army
Community Initiatives in Sequoyah County
- Day of Caring
- Fill the Bus
- Rising in the River Valley
- Step Up, Speak Out
- Touch A Truck