The United Way of Fort Smith Area at Work in LeFlore County
Youth and teens took part in recreational, educational and character building activities provided by United Way partners.
Individual services were provided in LeFlore County with United Way dollars.
United Way dollars invested in services for LeFlore County residents.
Meals were provided to LeFlore County residents by United Way agency services.
Individuals living in a crisis situation or with struggling with addiction were provided counseling, safe shelter and basic needs because of United Way.
Did you know?
- 30% of households with children in Arkansas struggle to afford enough food to lead healthy, active lives.
- 1 in 3 females and 1 in 4 males will experience rape, physical violence and/or stalking in their lifetime.
- Doing something productive outside the classroom, whether physical, mental or creative, is crucial to finding meaning in our lives and gaining self esteem.
- College graduates earn up to 55% more than high school graduates.
Partner Agencies Providing Services to Leflore County Residents
- Arc for the River Valley
- Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship
- Boys and Girls Club of South Leflore County
- Boys and Girls Club of Van Buren
- Boy Scouts
- Community Services Clearinghouse
- Crisis Intervention Center
- Fort Smith Boys and Girls Club
- Girls Inc.
- Girl Scouts
- Harbor Gateway Recovery Centers
- Project Compassion
- Salvation Army
Community Initiatives in LeFlore County
- Day of Caring
- Fill the Bus
- Rising in the River Valley
- Step Up, Speak Out
- Touch A Truck